Tuesday, January 13, 2009


Work began last week on tearing down the tennis court in front of the motel. This is the last picture of how it looked. Friday morning the heavy equipment moved in and there went the court. I think it will look much better.
Last Friday I set two poles out at the end of the pier with perch. They sat there all day and not a bite. Don Gormley went out of Cove Harbor the same day with John(guest in 204) and Dick(guest in 505). They didn't get a keeper. I did have a chance to chat with Karen Meador on Thursday. She is in charge of the fishery in Copano and Aransas Bays. She showed me the catch rates for their fall survey. The Speckled Trout catch was one half of what it was a year ago. No wonder we are not catching any trout. The Black Drum count was way up.
Remodeling began last week on unit 605.
I had a chance to talk to Justin on Friday also. I had mentioned earlier in a blog post about a charge in the bills for out golf cart. The charge included over $600 for new batteries. I checked our cart and the batteries are old. I asked Justin about that and he said he was under the impression that Phase I owned both golf carts and the new batteries were for the other cart. I'm sure he will get that taken care of. I also asked him why the HOA paid for a new window in 108. He said that the windows are common elements and all windows will fall under HOA expenses. I didn't know that.
We then talked about the breakwater and I showed him the power point presentation that I was given by Keith Barrett. Justin said there will likely be another owners' meeting called soon to address the breakwater. He said that the bid he received for the modification that Belaire suggested was for $300,000. He is looking at other proposals.
I'll be deer hunting for the rest of the week and will not likely post again until next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home