Sunday, March 29, 2009

The dredge crew worked on the barge Friday and Saturday. They got the diesel engine started and feel it will be OK. If the electronic parts arrive early this week work will resume.
We had strong north winds on Thursday. The Porpoise carcass washed out and back on shore about 20 feet from the Phase II pier. Today the wind is again from the north and the stench is really bad. The carcass is bloated as big as a horse.
One owner called about my post about the cracks in the concrete. He felt that maybe the trash disposal trucks may be putting too much weight on the concrete. I walked the whole area and I don't think that is the case. Nearly all the cracks are in front of the 700 building. It appears the cement mix was not the same as the rest of the pours. Salt water may get into the cracks and cause the rebar to rust and expand and cause more cracks.
A serious fisherman has spent the last two evenings on the Phase I pier with three poles staked out. He was using squid for bait. I suggested that maybe an eel for bait might at least catch a gafftop. This evening he tried that and caught the biggest fish of his life. I saw the picture on his cell phone. It was a really huge Drum. He had no way to get it on the pier and let it go. He was happy and I was surprised a Drum would take an eel. I had three poles out all day with mullet on them and didn't lose a bait.
I went to see Heather at Johnson and Cate on Friday to review the Phase I bills. As usual, some of the expenses elevated my blood pressure. Justin will meet with me tomorrow to go over them. He will likely have some reasonable explanations.
Tomorrow I will receive my weekly blog stats from Google. They are always interesting to read to see how widely the blog is accessed. Recently Austin, Texas has supplanted San Antonio as the source of the greatest number of hits on the blog. I know of only one owner in Austin, but Austin is supplying about 30 hits per week.
Mr. Nava came by last week to replace window screens on some of the buildings. He has a lot more to make to cover the complex. He does them for around $20 per screen. He used to do the patio door screens for $120, but he told me that someone else is doing that now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home