Sunday, June 27, 2010

People who don't have boats just don't realize how important the placement of tie offs are. Scott and I pleaded regularly when these finger piers were built that they needed to be more functional. J.R. did have the guys move the front cleats forward and installed tie off posts near the sidewalk. We still need to move the aft cleats further back to allow better tie offs. This boat tied up behind the 600 building shows that the owner was creative in using the rod holder on the opposite side of the pier to allow a secure tie off.
I had some friends go out on the 12 hour Scat Cat trip into the Gulf yesterday. They got their limit of Red Snapper and a Trigger fish. I volunteered to fillet them for them, but I had never done a Trigger fish. That was a problem. I have never tried to fillet a tougher skinned fish. Once I got through the skin it was not too bad, but starting was a chore. I'll take a trout anytime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home