Saturday, July 03, 2010

There has been tremendous interest among owners to the idea of additional insulaton for the attic space in the condos. I took these pictures this afternoon of the attic space in my condo. It was overcast today and I noticed no temperature difference between the living area and the attic space.

This view is of the wall of the smaller bedroom. We see the dryer vent does not exit the roof vent, but they are all like this. The notable thing is the wall itself is not insulated.

Above is the ceiling above the master bathroom. There is no insulation there either.
This view shows the roof insulation and the wall between 201 and 202.
Finally, I show the vertical wall of the master bedroom. There is no insulation and the space between the ceiling and roof over the bedroom is blocked. I don't see how they could get any insulation into that area. It looks as if the idea was that if the roof insulation did its job, there would not be a need for additional insulation.
I believe someone who knows more about this than I do, needs to advise as to the best course of action. I will have to check with J.R. and see what he thinks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home