Sunday, October 17, 2010

Sean and Lamar loaded up the old golf cart that has been in front of the maintenance shed for the last three months. I think J.R. had tried to sell it at one time. Sean also hauled off the old truck that had been in the Phase II parking lot.
This is the white cat I had blogged about previously. It is spending more and more time here and less time at the HEB camp. The yellow cat has ceded most of its territory to this new cat. They fought for some time until territories were established.
It was a quiet week at Kontiki and only a few workers were on campus. I expect more will be done this week. Royce will be here tomorrow to do his pest control application in the condos. I believe Lamar has a full week scheduled too.
Guests and owners awakened to the sound of crowing roosters this morning. The guests in 711 had cages in the bed of their truck with about a dozen chickens in them. Most were pretty silkies. He supplies animals to zoos for petting animals. These chickens were very tame. I was helping Butch(206) walk his greyhounds at first light this morning when the dogs picked up the scent of the chickens. Bentley(the male dog) reared up on the truck bed sides and looked at the chickens. The chickens didn't even panic. Usually chickens will fear a dog and flutter and cause the dog to react, but not these chickens. These folks from Beeville had their nine well mannered kids with them. The kids had a great time, but one of the boys pulled up my perch trap to see what it was and when he threw it back in the bait door opened and I lost all by bait. However, the small mullet have been everywhere and a few throws with my net and I had all the bait I could use.
Actually, at one time, I had chickens here all summer. I had two clucks get into a fight in San Antonio and one blinded the other. I brought the hen and her seven chicks here and kept them in the outside deck closet all summer. I put sand on the floor of the closet and the blind hen would walk around until she bumped into the water or feed pan and then back up two steps and call the chicks over to see what she had found.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home