Sunday, November 14, 2010



Caught by Greg Pejka (121) and Jim Stenstrom (211) on November 10th in the
bay off a reef. Total of 11 caught in just under 2 hours. All weighted in at
over 6 lbs. Also caught 3 keeper trout in the same area on medium sized live
shrimp.

This was sent to me by a Phase II owner. I have never in my life caught a Pompano. I didn't even know they were in the bay. He said they were near the Towhead reefs. It was interesting that the very next day I was in an office when two people struck up a conversation about Pompano. One said the Pompano was the best tasting fish there was. The other person said that just a few days ago they were coming into Key Allegro in the Legget Channel when a school of several hundred Pompano suddenly went airborne and one landed in their boat. Could this be a large school of Pompano that have found themselves lost in waters they seldom travel? The largest one they caught was 9 pounds. I don't know the state record, but it couldn't be much bigger.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home