Sunday, December 19, 2010


Scott sent his account of his deer hunt this weekend.
I have hunted the same small piece of family owned land in Jackson County for the past 25 years. It is not a large, high fenced, genetically enhanced spread. It is a simple family cattle pasture with a feeder and a stand. I have the property in a voluntary Wildlife Management Program in an attempt to get the doe to buck ratio in proper order. I have been working on this project for the past six years (only taking does and spikes). When I started I only saw the occasional scrawny buck; never more than six points. Each year I have seen progress and finally this year a decent sized buck. The antlers do not have much mass but the length and symmetry are pretty. It weighed 130#'s on the hoof. I plan to do a European skull mount.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home