Friday, December 03, 2010

I didn't intend to take a picture of a headless worker, but it appears that is what I have here. The inspection prior to purchase of 701 found a broken floor joist. These workers replaced it yesterday. They said they were able to use some of our extra pier lumber.
Wednesday evening someone painted over the HEB "no trespassing" sign AGAIN. I had just admired the new sign the day before and mused that it must have been costly. The owner who did this, did us no favors. The sign actually helps when people mistake our entrance road for a public road. When they find it goes only to the condos, they usually leave and the sign discourages them from walking on the HEB beach and staying longer. I understand the beef that HEB has with us is that we allow too many outsiders to come onto their property by driving in on our road. I just hate to see the property of others purposefully destroyed.
Kevin Denton(402) had a rather bad day. His boat has been parked behind mine for some time. He had a spring break just as he was backing it in recently. He drove in from Cuero this morning to meet some guys who were to replace all the springs. While they worked, he and I talked in the parking lot. His guests had just checked out and the girls were beginning to clean the condo. A bee buzzed around first me and then him and got too close to our ears for comfort. A short time later Colette came out of his condo and said she had just been stung by a bee. She asked me what was best for the sting, but I told her Kevin is a doctor I would ask him.
The workers finished his trailer work and he said he was going to take it back to Cuero. He didn't get far. He had just pulled out when he saw in the mirror that his wheel was leaning at an angle. The picture shows the problem. The axle had broken and has to be replaced. Needless to say, the boat is still here.
I came across a really good local website for condos. Take a look at www.bayhousecondos.com. This is something we should aspire to. Anyone looking to rent or to buy would find all they need to know about the complex and its HOA.
I went to Lowe's in Aransas Pass today to get the bulb for the light fixture on the pier. They did not stock that particular bulb. It is a special order item and won't be in until a week from now. It took three employees 45 minutes to place the order for me. The cost for the one bulb is $53. I saw online we could save $4 by driving to Grainger Supply in Corpus to purchase the same bulb, not worth the trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home