Monday, February 21, 2011

The high winds and high tide have done a lot to improve conditions in the mitigation site. The green muck has been pushed toward the road, but it may come back.
I did see my first purple martin of the season today. Just one scout flying by. We will put the houses back up at spring break.
The dumpsters are pretty full after a busy weekend. They had not been picked up by 2:30 this afternoon so I called the dispatcher. They said they were running late, but would be here, but it did not happen. Things are hard to get on a consistent schedule here for everything.
Tony's Lawn Service did not do anything on their scheduled day, Thursday. I called Tony on Friday and he promised to send someone out Saturday since he was sick. However, no one came out. Today he did bring someone out to work on the freeze damaged shrubs and plants.
Mike McAdams, our roofer, came by Friday to say he would be here today to repair all the leaks that are causing damage inside condos. Of course, he too was a no show. Vendors and contractors are on their own schedule here despite what they tell you.
I still get comments about my new boat cover. I got a good deal because he had three different pieces left from previous jobs. I think he did a pretty good job for working with what he had.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home