Saturday, May 21, 2011

Jeannine(401) sent this note about their fishing success last weekend.

Jim and I were at Kontiki this past weekend. Jim went out with a friend on Saturday and caught a 23 inch redfish on artificials. We both went out with guide Ray Burdette on Sunday, and I caught my first redfish. It was 29 1/2 inches (had to tag it). It was slow all morning, until this one took the bait (live croaker). Right after this, I caught a trout and Jim pulled in a flounder. I made crab-stuffed flounder Monday night - yum.
Jim may not have noticed that a Eurasian Collared Dove has decided to nest in the netting under the roof of the fish cleaning stand just over his right shoulder.

These doves are very prolific and as soon as the babies have fledged, another batch of eggs is laid in the old nest with a minimum of cleanup and renovation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home