Wednesday, November 30, 2011

As if there were not enough going on today, we had a major water leak. Jack Gibbs knocked on my door just after 11 and asked if I knew we had a water leak. I did not. He made his dog, Daisy, get into the back seat and drove me around to the leak beside the fire hydrant. Daisy is a very large dog and does not like the back seat. As soon as I got out she hopped back into the front seat. Larry Rabe had been on a parts supply run, but when he returned he called a friend with the City of Rockport. Within five minutes a worker named Darren arrived. Here he is shutting off the supply valve. You might recognize the shadow. It's not me. I was holding the camera.
Darren used a pump to get the water out of the hole and called in for help and the supplies he needed.
In less than an hour they had dug up the water line and found the problem. Four rusted bolts had totally come apart and allowed the lines to separate. The four new shinny ones can be seen in the picture above. Our meter did record all the lost water as part of our monthly total. I noted that the current reading was 157795. I'll check it again tomorrow at noon to see what our normal 24 hour usage is. I'll try to get the city to give us credit for the wasted water since it was their fault, but in the past they have not been too lenient in a case like this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home