Thursday, January 05, 2012

Our new property manager, Keith Burr, helped Larry Rabe attach two more large lights to the pole at the corner behind 308. This big sign truck usually rents for a minimum of $250, but he gave a break and only charged $100. He is a friend of Larry's. This truck is capable of reaching up 185 feet.
Keith and Larry attached the lights, powered them up, and then nothing happened. They replaced a breaker, but still the one in the center works, but not the two new ones. They worked in the shop before they were put up. Some more trouble shooting will have to be done.
Yesterday, the original installer of my kitchen counter top came out and reinstalled the sink under warranty. It had begun to come loose and my sink was sinking. I was surprised that they still would warrant it after three years. They have closed their Corpus office and had to come out of San Antonio.
Although the weather has been super, the fishing has been the pits. I fished all over the place yesterday and last night with no action at all. I'm starting to wonder if the new causeway construction could be a factor. They are driving in posts with a pile driver that makes a loud noise with every whack of the hammer. They hit it about 50 times a minutes. Early this morning I could hear it even with my ear buried deep in my pillow. As loud as this is on land, I can imagine the sound it makes in the water. It could be deafening to fish in the area. It has been a while since I caught any trout at all no matter the size. Even the ubiquitous sheepshead are not around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home