Monday, March 05, 2012

My son, Ryan, and his girlfriend, Anhella, came in for the weekend. Anhella caught her first trout. This one was just over 16 inches. In thirty minutes she landed four trout and two reds from the mitigation site. I have never seen so many trout in the mitigation site. I've seen it full of reds and of flounder, but never this many trout. The action has lasted about a week so far.
Perhaps because of Oysterfest, we had a good crowd this weekend. I mentioned to Keith on Friday afternoon that we have been fortunate we have not had any sewer problems in over two months. Sure enough, Friday night about 8pm, it stopped up next to my condo. I called Keith and he came right out and worked on it. The third try with the sewer snake did the trick. Saturday morning he came out again because he had a message from the Phase II rental office that the sewer had backed up and he was not sure if this was old news or new. Fortunately, it was old news.
I'm still trying to determine if my new insulation is doing its job. I checked my energy bills for the last five years for February and found they are all over the place. 2008-$91, 2009-$158, 2010-$154, 2011-$60, and 2012-$115. There is so much variability in the winter weather I may have to wait until the summer heat to see how it goes.
I almost forgot. Welcome to our newest owners, Michael and Doris Anderson of Yoakum. They closed on 608 last week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home