Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Finally! Fresh trout on the menu. This 16.5 inch trout will do quite well for lunch tomorrow.
I had about 15 live shrimp left from the pint I bought last Tuesday. I put out 4 poles in the marina this morning. At dark I still had three very lively shrimp on them. I took those three and set them out in the mitigation site. I checked them about 9:30. I pulled up the first rod and the shrimp was still lively. I set it back out and pulled up the second rod. Before I could get it in the first pole began to bend. I guess the shrimp had not hidden itself in the grass and moss on the bottom and this trout found it.
George and Bruce took a quart of live shrimp to St. Charles Bay today. They brought back 9/10ths of a quart and had nothing to show.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home