Wednesday, October 10, 2012

The reds continue to be caught in the mitigation site, or as Jim(210) has named it, Lake Mitigation. Ben Rowlett is holding a 22 incher he caught on a silver spoon this afternoon.  Notice the two dots.
This evening Brent caught these two reds on cut mullet. I was fishing right next to him when he caught these. I had soaked a DOA in Gulp juice for over a year and thought this evening was the time to break it out. I was getting good bites, but could not set a hook. After about an hour I looked at the DOA and guess what? Over time the Gulp juice had rusted off the last 1/8th inch of the hook and I had nothing to catch the fish with. Live and learn.
At dawn this morning I was fishing with my usual gold spoon and Ric was using the same spoon right next to me. A 22 inch red decided to slam his spoon instead of mine, so no reds for me today.
Yesterday, Joe and Bev Fischer, caught four nice drum and four good sized croaker from the mitigation site. The largest drum was 20 inches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home