Tuesday, November 18, 2014

 Jerry has successfully modified the pier gate to allow more air to pass through rather than make the all wooden gate all but impossible to open when the wind was blowing at all. We had the gate tied open the last few months because it was unsafe to operate it with the forces it exerted on anyone trying to open it.
Jim caught this 27 inch red behind his condo the day after landing the 30 incher that I posted last week. Others fishing last week also caught a  few big reds and very large drum. Three of the drum measured 35, 41, and 44 inches long. They were all caught on dead shrimp. Most all perch have left the area and the dead shrimp will last on the hook until something big finds them.
I'm hearing that Cedar Bayou is not navigable unless you have an air boat or really shallow running boat. I'm hearing that it never was intended to be navigable. The only purpose was to be a fish pass and exchange water in the bays with the gulf. I had hoped to be able to reach almost to the gulf as in days of old.
I have enjoyed my Time Warner HD box with expanded channels. Last Saturday I could watch the football games on the SEC channel, Longhorn Network, and Fox Sports One. I didn't miss anything. I've heard from two winter Texans that they plan to have a box installed for their stay. There is no service contract so short term installations can be done. With all the extra channels it surely is worth the extra $20 per month. If the whole complex would subscribe, the cost would drop to only $8 per month. I would think that even summer guests might make their selection of condos based somewhat on the quality and quantity of channels available. I know I would choose a condo where I could watch baseball on the MLB channel. There are so many children's channels too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home