Tuesday, June 27, 2006

We have had rare north winds this week. My friends and I have worked hard for a total of two trout. Five of us spent four hours today going all over Aransas bay and came back empty handed.
The summer crowds are upon us and, as usual stressing the facilities.
The pool folks have been out the last two days to try to improve the pool conditions. They found and repaired an air leak today that they hope will help. They say there are just too many people using the pool for the filtration system we have. It could mean that we need more than three days a week service also.
I talked to a man who was here today to give Rob a bid for security cameras. Last evening my son was on the pier at 2:30 am when an unsavory character asked him for a ride to his house in town. Despite his apprehensions, he did give him a ride. What the guy was doing here, I have no idea. There have been the usual late night arrivals from the area who come here to fish. I sure would have liked to have seen the security booth built and manned.
Lights are out all over the complex. Only two of the eight on the tennis court are still working. Only one pool light still works. Both lights are out between my place and 108.
We had a lot of thunder and lightning yesterday, but not enough rain to wet the sidewalk. I have been watering around the buildings with well water most of the last two days. No one is turning on the sprinklers and the grass is really dry.
The new loads of sand are now blowing all over the place. I've never seen so much sand in the parking areas and on the sidewalks. Someone I had not seen before was shoveling some of it today. He has a long way to go and cars parked all over the place does not help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home