Monday, December 11, 2006

Today was an interesting day on the water. Jerry and I left here about 10:30 and launched at Conn Brown. The fog was as bad as it gets. We started down the channel toward Port Aransas at about one MPH. We thought we turned into the channel east of Hog Island, but alas we were west of Hog Island. We decide to just stop and fish a while until the fog lifted. The fog was so bad that with a maximum cast, the float was out of sight. That didn’t change until 2 pm. We were in about five feet or water and started catching small trout right away. I was dogging Jerry with the DOA and Gulp up through the first 60 fish. Then he put on a white C-tail and there were very few casts that he didn’t get a trout. We stayed in the same channel until 5 pm. I’m sure we caught over 200 trout, but only seven went in the box. I lost one right at the boat and had a really good one that went airborne like a Skip Jack and got off. It was like fishing in an aquarium. You could see trout all around the boat. The water temperature started at 56 and was up to 62 when we left. I had never fished there, but I might try again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home