Monday, February 26, 2007

The new rental rates used by the onsite rental management company are now posted on the web site. www.kontikibeach.com Winter Texans have commented about problems with the new office staff. They tell me that the office manager has been released. This weekend a friend wanted to rent a unit and was sent to one that was already occupied. He was then directed to one that was not cleaned. Another owner called me to see if his place was rented. I asked him what the office staff had said and he replied that they said they did not know if it were rented or not. It was!

Fishing is showing signs of improvement. Small trout and an occasional keeper have been caught off the pier during the last week. Tides remain very low.

Preparations for Oyster Fest continue. The parade is scheduled for Saturday morning.

The pest control agent came by last Thursday to treat the units. We have had numerous fire ant mounds pop up. The agent said that it is not in their contract to treat carpenter ants. The ants are back at work after taking off for the cold weather. They are busily finishing off what is left of foliage next to the buildings. I’m still battling to keep them off my Pansies. The grass areas are showing signs of drought. We have had only .04 inches officially at Rockport for the month. I don’t know that anyone knows how to operate our sprinkler system. I haven’t seen it on since Jerry was let go.

Security remains an issue. An owner had a five gallon can of gas taken from his boat last week. He has now locked the new one with a cable.

I hear many complaints about doors not closing, both interior and sliding glass doors. I have real concerns about the foundation. I am seeing sheetrock seams crack and peel in my den area. The floor is visibly uneven. It has been over ten years since any support piers were replaced. I hope the board will look at this at their earliest opportunity.

No work is currently being done on the skirting or decks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home