Tuesday, January 02, 2007

We had a great New Year's weekend. The weather was fantastic and the parking lot crowded. Many owners were here. I had a chance to again visit with two of our newest owners, Kevin and Cyrena Durkee of San Antonio. They have purchased 501. His parents were here from Maine and yes, they brought lobsters.
The fishing has been spotty. A guest, Rob Beckett, said they caught 17 keeper trout over in Port Bay. Otis Stecht said he loaded up on reds on Sunday just west of Hog Island. I was there on Friday and didn't do any good.
Repair projects have been on hold during the holidays. I guess they will resume soon.
The Oyster boats have started working Aransas Bay. I guess the Red Tide is finally gone.
A bar b que place has opened up in the mobile home park at the corner of Hwy. 35 and Fulton Beach Road. I haven't tried it yet.
The winter Texans continue to straggle in. I suppose we will fill up soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home