Thursday, April 12, 2007

Fishing is still not where it should be this time of year. Yesterday Jerry and I went out for four hours. The water temperature was down to 60 and the water was very fresh and had that ice tea color. I caught three undersized trout and he had one too small red. All were caught on DOA shrimp. Today the water was five degrees warmer and I boated four undersized trout. Two took DOA and two took Gulp. The entrance to St. Charles bay had warmer water and seemed to be holding more fish. Very few boats were out. Tomorrow’s forecast is for high winds to return. Otis(604) went out today, but I don’t know if he found any fish.

Rob and a crew finished the decks and stairs of the 400 building yesterday. Work started on the upper deck of 205 today. Skirting is being replaced on the 500 and 600 building.

Marv and Rita Kreuter will be here for their semi annual monthly stay on the 15th. They plan to stay in 108.

I talked to Barbara Schultz today. She said she still has not been given a budget for 2007 to work off of. I will take mine to her tomorrow. I have the one that was approved at the annual meeting and there have been no board meetings, so I presume the copy that I have is accurate. I see no point in her preparing a monthly statement using last year’s budget.

Scott Schomburg tells me that Allegro North is doing some major upgrade work. Their roof work will cost about $875,000. They are also spending about $400,000 to revamp building exteriors. Individual owners have the option to replace their windows with energy efficient double pane types and new sliding glass doors. I don’t know what type of payment system they have decided to use.

Our entrance road has become even worse since the most recent rains. I have no idea what the board has in mind to take care of it. At some point we will need to resurface, but something needs to be done in the short term.

A local realtor sent some information out that indicates that for 2006, waterfront condo sales were down 100% in number and 59% in total value from the previous year. She feels that some owners have priced their places ahead of the market, but this may be short term and the market will catch up.

This post was written on Wednesday, April 11, 2007.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home