Friday, December 07, 2007

Fishing has been interesting. Tuesday I had a rod set off the back deck baited with two mullet. I caught a 15 inch flounder that had grabbed both mullet. It had both hooks in its throat. I have never done that. On Wednesday I took John, he and Ellie are in 604 this year, out in the boat. Trout were everywhere, but small. We caught about 50 in four hours, all on DOA shrimp, and only three were big enough. We found trout at every reef we tried. The keepers were at Scotch Tom. While we were at the "pipe" I placed a 4 inch PVC over what is left of the old pipe. The PVC is about 7 feet out of the water and can be seen at least a mile away. This will make the "pipe" much easier to find. Bradley Phair had first shown me how to line it up with the gas well at Goose Island and the end of the causeway. Thursday morning Chuck(107) and I went to some of the same reefs as the day before and not much was going on. We caught about six small ones in two hours. There were six guys wading north of the HEB property near the causeway. I saw them catching small ones too. Chuck as geared up for the reopening of duck season tomorrow morning. His brother Dan(105) is coming in to hunt too.
The Diner did not stay on the market long. It has been sold. I don't know if it will reopen as an eatery.
Charter cable is now advertising for HD services. There regular service is not that good. Today ABC has not been available.
Wednesday the water was off at the condos most of the afternoon. There was a water leak just north of the maintenance building. Rob was working on it after dark while Kenna kept his favorite dinner, meat loaf, warm. I'm told there is a problem with the well water pump and there is no well water. At least there is little boat washing going on right now so the water will not be too badly missed. I washed mine in front of the condo yesterday.
Stucco work has been completed on the lower decks of the 200 building. The workers said they were not contracted to do the upper decks as yet.
I did send an email to Justin to ask about the security light situation. He has not yet answered. I have learned that the Public Utility Commission of Texas will look into the situation even if as I was told CPL will not talk to individual owners.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home