Tuesday, April 01, 2008


Today marked the end of most winter Texans' stay. As you can see in the picture, it's just my car and not much else. Joyce is still here in 202, but she will be in Las Vegas for the next two weeks. This is always how it is until June. I know several owners will come in this weekend to finally spend a weekend here. This will give a window of opportunity to do some of the needed repairs. Some of those started this morning.
I finally got a hold of Charter Cable and a repairman came by this morning. I had a bad cable connection and a weak signal. He said the weak signal on HBO was due to problem at the distribution point and he would go downtown and fix that and call me back to see if it is better. He said he will also fix the sound problem on channel 15 that comes from the same connection in downtown Rockport.
Yesterday I dropped by Johnson and Cate to pay my bill and told Beverly that the February financials made no sense to me. She looked at them and said,"I think I entered the data backwards." Actually, that probably won't help me because it always looks backwards to me. I don't know that she will send a corrected copy.
Ron filled the entry road potholes with gravel yesterday. That will help until the repairs are done. Ron is very thorough and he filled all that he could see as you can see in the picture.
Work also began on the finger piers. I noted earlier that Robbie had purchased a pontoon boat to do the work, but that proved difficult. Just launching the boat at the ramp is a problem. As others have done, they backed the trailer off the end of the ramp and that's no fun. The ramp belongs to Richy so I'm not sure how that will get fixed. The ramp end is washed out and you really have to be careful. Rob has hired Kinsel and Company to remove the old posts and sink new ones for our boat slips. He will then build thirty inch wide finger piers on the posts. Some of the posts being removed are very long, as much as 18 to 20 feet. Some of the posts were replaced when Moose did the


breakwater project and they will likely be reused. Rob has hired the barge by the day. They had been parking in our marina anyway. In the background of the picture you can see that the railings have not yet been put on the motel. They did start today on the front with the railings.
Some folks staying here now went with fishing guide Ryan Wagner on Monday. They took an airboat into the back bays and had their limit of reds before noon. They are going out with him again tomorrow. I caught two keeper trout on the pier last night.





Repair of the windows on 401 and 405 began today also. It looks like a termite relocation project. The wood behind the stucco is really rotted, as you can probably see.
My weekly stats showed five logons from California last week. I would guess that Justin is still there and is keeping up with what is happening here. That's a good thing. I also had two hits for Crowley Texas again. I have no idea who is in Crowley.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home