Saturday, September 27, 2008


The white lines in the grass show where the cables will be laid for the security cameras that will be installed soon. I understand that half of the maintenance shed will be used as a security center.
Late yesterday afternoon the concrete supplier came up with some more concrete and had it delivered. The area behind the 700 building is now finished.
I heard from Bradley Phair(former owner of 208) a few days ago. He said he had gone with guide Marvin Landers Friday a week ago. The four of them did catch 11 trout, 2 reds and one flounder.
I tried yesterday morning with perch and DOA and did not get a hit. Today I went out with Paul(505) and we tried live shrimp and only caught one small trout, one skipjack and one gafftop. We went all the way to Paul's Mott. The wind finally gave us a break yesterday morning so we at least had a good boat ride. However, we encountered a fuel problem and had to return slowly. The ethanol in marine engines is a real problem. I had a problem last Sunday and I just removed the gas water separator and emptied it and all was well. Today that trick didn't work. I'll have to drain the carburetors tomorrow and see if that helps.
I helped Ron take down the Purple Martin house today. The martins have been gone for a couple of months and won't return until spring.
Today's Rockport Pilot lists Aransas County's most delinquent taxpayers. I saw guides Don and Petra Schultz on the list as well as an attorney the association has used in the past, Reese Rozell. Even Air Mart, who does a lot of work around here, owes just over $5,500. They print this list every September and I would guess it helps collect some taxes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home