Saturday, April 04, 2009

I did meet with Justin on Monday and we went over some of the bills that I had questions about. About the only one that we agreed to disagree about was the one where Phase I was charged for the repair to the HEB fence. He reasoned that it was a goodwill gesture to HEB since they have agreed to let out owners and guests walk on the their beach. He also felt that the vehicle that caused the damage had veered from our easement road. No one knows what caused the accident, but the best guess is the giant speed hump for the dredging. If that were the cause, I would think that the repair is a dredging shared cost. The two posts that were destroyed were up near Fulton Beach Road. I don't know that Phase I would bear the cost alone. The cost was a gigantic $100. Justin said he will check with the board. Another thing that I learned is that Phase II shares the labor cost with us for Ron Layton. I have seen Ron spend some time at Phase II, but I did not know that we were reimbursed for 25% of his salary.
Work continues on the dredge barge. The replacement computer arrived on Wednesday, but dredge work has not resumed.
The permit process for the new "super pier" is in the works. The new pier will be 485 feet long, 6 feet wide, with a 10' by 100' tee on the end. Another 50' by 10' arm will be attached at the middle and run north. I talked to Amy Nunez at the GLO on Thursday. She said that with all the changes it may not qualify as an amendment to the existing permit. If that is the case, the Corps of Engineers has to get involved. Even with everything going right the School Land Board meets twice a month to consider permits and the likely earliest date for us may be June 2nd. I don't think we will see the pier in operation before the end of July. Justin loaned me two catalogues on lighting to look at possible fixtures for the new pier. I believe the lights on the Fulton Public Pier or the Rockport Public Pier would do just fine.
Justin is looking at proposals to hardwire internet service for us. He has one that will run about $6 per month per unit. The wireless that we have now is just too unreliable to advertise the service.
Work started this week on the remodel of 306. Some work had already been done in this unit, but it will now be finished.
A realtor told me on Monday that she had a scheduled showing of 203 on Tuesday. I must have missed them. She did say the asking price is now $299,000.
Scott(702) went to Carlos Bay this morning. He went to the same place that we caught some trout two weeks ago. Today, he caught only one undersized trout.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home