Sunday, June 28, 2009



Here is another note from Scott(702)

Amy, myself and the girls were coming in from fishing this past Saturday when we were stopped by the Coast Guard in the Gulf. We were about a mile out of the jetties when they pulled up along side of us. They asked me to put the throttle in forward at an idle and they would pull alongside and come aboard. The water was fairly rough for this maneuver but it did not seem to phase them. One game warden from TP&W came aboard along with one Coast Guard person. They informed me they were doing safety inspections. They were polite but focused. They asked to see our fish; which consisted of one legal sized King fish. They then asked to see all items you can imagine: fire extinguisher, whistle, flares, life jackets, throwable flotation device, boat registration, fishing license and probably several other items I have forgotten. I explained that I had spent a small fortune on purchasing the numerous items to be legal and would be more than proud to demonstrate ownership of each and every one of them. Gotta get my monies worth out of them. The experience was interesting and educational. Amy was impressed with the Coast Guard boat . . . time to upgrade. This is the third time I have been stopped in the past three years by TP&W in the vicinity of Port A. They certainly keep their presence in the area. You never know when they will show up or where.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home