Thursday, July 02, 2009

Fishing report from Randy(308).

A friend of mine and I went out with guide Terry Coufal Tuesday.
I have fished several times with Terry (TC Charters) and he really works hard for his clients.
I knew it was going to be a grind it out kind of day as it was a white fish day on the charts due to poor tidal movement.
Terry has had to abandon the Rockport area do to very slow fishing conditions.
We launched at Billings Bait in Corpus and fished the upper Laguna Madre.
We threw croaker and really worked hard at it.
Probably caught about 40 trout but only 11 were keeper size.
I have not done all that much croaker fishing in my time but now feel I have the hang of how to do it.
Terry says the bays around Rockport just continue to be very slow as the salinity level is killing the fishing.
A big rain is needed in the worst way to get things moving again.
His profit margin is being compromised with having to trailer down to Corpus and the long boat runs are also on the fuel bill.
But, finding fish for his clients is his main goal, so Terry is willing to make the extra effort.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home