Saturday, October 24, 2009


Austin public schools had a student holiday last Monday. Pat's(602) son, Rodger and his children Patrick and Elizabeth got to stay at the condos an extra day. Here the kids stand atop their vehicle to replace the basketball net that had worn out and been missing for the last three months. Now all we need is a free throw line!
The rim that we are using was given to me in 1968 when I worked for the San Antonio Parks and Recreation Department. The San Antonio ISD had replaced the ones in the Fox Tech High School gym and I used this old one at the rec center on a homemade backboard like this one. I used it at home while my boys were young. This is a really high mileage rim when it comes to the number of basketballs that have passed through it. This was made before breakaway rims came into style.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home