Friday, April 02, 2010


The drum continue to be just everywhere. Most are over 20 inches, as this one is. The small c-tail lures work best for me. The quarter in the picture shows just how small they are. The trouble is the drum jump on it before the trout find it. There are some good trout out there. I caught two keepers on Wednesday. Last evening I even caught a mullet on this rig. Sometimes mullet are snagged, but this one had the lure in its mouth. I had not done that in years. Even fishing with lures for drum is unusual in itself. I believe there are so many out there and they are just very hungry.
I did see the first shrimper in a long time on Monday. However, he didn't stay long and has not been back.
Royce came back to work on my termite problem on Wednesday. He said the reason we have not seen much of him is that last summer Justin changed the contract for pest control service to be only every quarter rather than monthly. Royce comes out to inspect for termites on an annual basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home