Sunday, August 29, 2010

Yes, I did have trout for lunch today. I threw out a perch off the pier last night and within five minutes this 16 inch trout took the bait. Vic(712) came out to see if anything was happening on the pier just after I caught this trout so he and I soaked perch and mullet for the next two hours and never lost a bait. Jim(210) came out to visit with us and the time passed quickly even if we didn't catch any more fish.
Jim(401)had some luck this weekend. He waded the HEB beach and caught one trout and several drum up to 20 inches. He also let a hardhead put a hurt on his hand while fishing off the pier Friday night. He said it hurt all the way up his arm. At almost the same time on the pier Ric, guest in 605, stepped on a hardhead with his soft soled shoes and did a little dance himself.
Kevin(402) fished the King Ranch shoreline on Saturday and caught only one keeper trout. Today he left about noon to try Mud Island and came back with four keeper reds.
Another open house was held in 303 today. The signs and balloons were up, but I saw only one visitor drive in. Maybe I missed the crowd, but I don't think there are a lot of buyers in the market right now.