Thursday, September 02, 2010

I received this fishing report from Christy Aguirre(former rental employee). She writes so well. I tend to write in short choppy sentences and only wish I could come close to her style.


We went fishing this weekend out of Port O'conner. I went with three other guys. They fish just about every weekend. It's nice to be able to go with people that have alot of experience and they don't get frustrated having me out there with them. None of the other girls will get out of the boat to fish. They hear the shark and stingray stories and won't have anything to do with that.
We waded for most of the morning and I didn't have much luck at all. The guys almost caught their limit of trout. I caught a Skip Jack that nearly took my head off when I was trying to net it. Those are some very strange looking fish. They have huge eyes! My line broke off on my first bite and I was worried that it may have been a small shark, but a few minutes later one of the guys caught a hard head that still had my line in it's mouth. I was relieved that it wasn't a shark and that I got my gear back.
We were fishing near some crab traps and the crabs kept tearing up my croaker so I decided to take a break and I waded back to the boat. I took a little nap while I waited on the guys to decide where we were going to move to. Getting up at 4am for fishing isn't really my thing.
We headed over to Panther Point for some reds and did really well. We hit all four points and caught at least one at every stop. I had two keepers and one that was only about 19 inches. The 26 that I caught was a little fighter. I had to walk around the boat a couple of times yelling at the guys to get out of my way. I was overly dramatic. I thought it was going to be a lot bigger, but I am happy with anything big enough to keep really. It was a pretty good day. Beautiful weather, good friends and a fish dinner. Can't ask for much more.
How is everything going with you? I hope the family is doing well. Nick started school last week and I am still trying to get used to the schedule. I was spoiled over the summer. No more sleeping until 7:45 for me.