Friday, November 19, 2010

The top lure here is what I referred to on Wednesday. I caught a double keeper, but one of the lures was ripped apart in the process. Last evening I replaced the damaged lure with the white one (lower one in the picture). When I tried this double rig, the first cast produced an 18 inch trout on the green split tail lure. I then caught a trout a tad short of a keeper, and then another keeper that was 16.5 inches. That was all I needed for the night. This only took 15 minutes. The strange part was that I had no action at all on the white lure. All three trout took the darker colored one. There is only a 12.5% chance that this would happen by pure chance. It appears they preferred the darker lure even though the swimming action of the white lure was much better.
This afternoon, just before 4pm, I went out with Steve(702) and his friend John also from Marble Falls. Steve wanted to try for reds on Saint Joe. His big 250hp engine got us across the bay in record time. I'm glad he said,"hang on" before his hit the gas. I didn't fish as I have plenty of reds in the freezer. They caught several small reds and just before sunset we decided to try Half Moon Reef on the way in. Steve caught a keeper right away. I found a double small sassy shad in my jacket that had been there since I last wore the jacket in the spring. I put this on and gave it a try. On the second cast I caught a double keeper. We made a few more casts, but it was getting dark and we came back in.
I went on the pier this evening about 9pm. I never caught a trout over 8 inches. There was group with a stringer of about 8 keeper trout that they said they caught just after the lights went on. They had three vehicles and only one had a parking pass. Pop checked them out and they said they had been staying at the HEB camp and had decided to rent a condo here for the weekend. They rented 114 and were told they could bring their friends to fish too. They told Pop the rental office had a closed sign on one door so they used the other door and got in. No one inside said they had done a checkin before, but they would do what they could. I'm hearing that Tony, who did most of the condo remodeling, will be operating the rental office soon. The guests said they were told it would be fully operational again by Monday. I'm not sure what is happening.
Kevin Johnson worked almost all day again today on the WiFi. He is having more problems than he anticipated. The problem seems to be the stucco on our buildings has a wire mesh behind it that acts as a shield for the radio waves. The large glass doors on the 700 building face the antennas and have a great signal. The other buildings, not so much. I'm running about 1 mbps upload and 3 mbps download right now. Kevin said he is committed to keep working at it until everyone is satisfied with the signal they are receiving.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home