Sunday, January 09, 2011

We experienced a bad hail storm in the early morning hours today. The hail sounded like a herd of stampeding animals on the roof. Our insurance carrier has been notified and will file a claim to have the roof inspected. The damage to cars was slight, but significant.
The storm came from the southwest and the hail stones piled up on the north side of the entryways as they hit the south facing walls.
I counted 52 hail damaged window screens. The one here is about average. The worst were on the end units like 501 and 308. Those screens were obliterated. It was interesting to see some screens badly damaged while the adjacent screens had no damage. Every screen on the front of the 100 building was damaged except the two on 102. Many outside lights on the ends and sides of buildings were shattered.
By mid morning the hail stones were still to be seen piled in the vegetation. This is outside of 203.
The avocado trees in front of 601 and 602 had about 30% of their leaves sheared off.

1 Comments:

Blogger Christina said...

I was visiting friends out in Key Allegro last night and woke up around 430 when it was just the wind. I got up to look outside because it sounded like we were in the middle of a hurricane. The palm tree at the corner of the condos across the street was bowing over at the middle. I really thought it was going to come down. I was only out there a minute or so when the rain started. I stepped back inside the door to watch and just as I stepped in, the hail started coming down. I only was only hit by two in the head before I screamed and slammed the door. I didn't see a lot of damage in Key Allegro, but it looked pretty bad over by Charter Bank and The Diner. A lot of signs down and the wall at The Diner was knocked down(may have already been that way, I don't come through very often). My mom said people heard reports of a small tornado in that area. I'm pulling back into Victoria now after a long day of fishing. I am not looking forward to walking around my property to check for damage. I heard there was a tornado here too. A friend of mine woke up to a tree in her living room.
And not to forget the fishing report, nothing major to brag about, but my son had a blast catching sand trout. We probably caught about 30 of them. We started off in our red fish hole, but that was 2 hours wasted. We weren't expecting much though. Just wanted to get out on the water since it was such a nice clear day.

Sunday, January 9, 2011 at 8:14:00 PM CST  

Post a Comment

<< Home