Tuesday, March 11, 2014

 This big Motel 6 is going up just behind the Exxon at Broadway. The large LaQuinta has open for business. Another development is going up across the street from the Motel 6. It will be private housing.
Someone has been defacing the HEB beach sign for years. I sure wish they would stop. HEB is correct that the land to the water is private property. Most everyone I talk to argues that the vegetation line is the boundary. That was researched years ago and does not apply to bay systems.

I've heard from a number of owners about their electrical bills this winter. All I can say is it's not the fault of the renters. Sunday before last I was lounging on the deck and the thermometer read 72. The next day the digits were reversed. I had my thermostat set at 69, but the heater ran non stop and couldn't make it over 67. For the day I used 244 kilowatt hours of electricity. Extrapolating that for a month would make my bill $720. Presently, I have Infinite Energy as my provider and paying 9.6 cents per kilowatt hour. I've heard from some owners that they are paying as much as 50 percent more. Owners need to shop and be sure they are in a contract with their provider. This continues to be my coldest winter in Rockport and I'm sure most owners have never seen bills this high.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home