Friday, November 21, 2014

Today was pretty unique as far as fishing is concerned. Jerry sent me a text at 8am saying the mitigation pond was full of nice fish. I didn't feel real great, but I went out to see. It was amazing. The pond was literally boiling with big reds, trout, and drum. You could see oversized reds coming to the surface to grab terrified mullet. Jerry said the first cast he made yielded a big red that broke his steel leader. He had a 22 inch red on the stringer that had a girth as large as you will ever see on a 22 inch red. I told him I would rather have a trout. I went back out about noon and took Jerry a gold spoon and one of my rods. He came over a few minutes later with this 19.5 inch trout. Stories abound about who caught what today, but the bottom line is everyone had a great day fishing. Limits of reds and drum were taken and several large trout.
I took this trout to Alice Faye's and will have several more meals with what I brought back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home