Monday, March 30, 2015

Two of my friends found these nice trout in Copano this weekend. They were one short of the limit when a game warden pulled up to check them out. They were anchored and she had trouble controlling her boat. She checked the ice chest and took off. They never got another bite. Thank you Ms. Game Warden.
Pat and Sybil took live shrimp into Copano on Thursday morning, but did not get a bite. As usual, it's all about the timing.
I'm hearing from owners that the Aransas Appraisal District is sending out requests for personal property values inside of condos. I would have to guess they are using rental management websites to see which condos are being rented.  For condos being rented they tax the furnishings because this is seen as property being used to produce a profit. There have been several condos paying this tax for years. Accessing the appraisal district website will show which condos are now paying this tax. These condos will show two taxable values. One for the condo and one for the personal property.
I've heard that Mingo is a scratch golfer. Last week I took out 6 golf balls and an old two iron I purchased at Castaways for $2. I found Mingo over at the office and challenged him to see what he could do with that old 2 iron. He said he never carries a 2 iron and I thought to myself, excuses already. I pointed out a spot across the entrance road about 200 yards away and asked him to see how close he could come to the edge of the pond there. The first ball was absolutely on the money. He even smiled a bit. I said I wanted to see him do it again. Sure enough, all six balls would have been on the green. I was impressed.
We now have buildings 1,3,5, and 6 hardwired for WiFi. They should see improved service. I've heard nothing further from Time Warner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home