Thursday, April 23, 2015

We may finally have gotten our lift station pumps back in full operation. We had been dealing with a company from Corpus that had lost their franchise to service the brand of pump we have. This company, Xylem, is the new dealer for our brand of pump. The service employee who came out had changed companies to follow the authorized dealership. It turns out he was the one who installed our system twenty years ago. He remembered many of the details that maybe only he and I know. He checked things over and waved his magic wand for $300 and so far both pumps are doing well.
The recent storms have wreaked havoc on our WiFi system. I have not seen such rain intensity and frequency since my days fifty years ago in Vietnam. For the last month it has rained at least five days out of every week. The storms are damaging the electronic WiFi relay stations all over town and our service has been sporadic. Kevin came out this week and realigned out antennas to locations that were still operational. I'm sure it will be costly for him to replace all the equipment he lost.
Two weeks ago on a Saturday afternoon we had a large group of boys playing basketball here and one long toss at our backboard was all it took to put a basketball sized hole in our backboard again. We may have to go to plywood backboards. In the meantime I was able to find a backboard just like this at Castaway's for $12.50. Somehow Jerry wrestled it into the backseat of my car and we brought it out here. He should have it up in a few days. At one point in the big game I saw a truck enter our gate code and drive in from Phase II to drop off two boys to join the big game. In the not too distant past I probably would have said something, but I just can't do that anymore. Father Time and Mother Nature are not being that kind to me recently.
I have had a few questions from owners recently about finding someone to clean their condos for them. It seems the going rate for a three bedroom is hovering between $65 and $75. I know it is a lot of work. Coastal Management is charging guests $75 plus tax to have a three bedroom cleaned after the guest's stay. Kontiki Management is still paying their housekeepers $27 and allowing three hours for the job. They do seem to have a bit of turnover in their employees. I don't know yet how Penny will handle the housekeeping for the condos she manages.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home