Sunday, May 10, 2015


I mentioned a few weeks ago that Travis(guest in 302) had landed a 26 inch trout. Here is the proof. The keeper red looks small by comparison. As I said then, he was wading the HEB shoreline.
I got a note for Marv and Rita that they left from their monthly stay a few days early. Marv had gone with a guide(Dave Posey) a few weeks ago and got his limit of trout. They tell me this may have been their last trip to see us. I know the drive from SA is getting harder for me and Marv will be 93 on June 10th, so I can only imagine how difficult the drive from Houston must be.
The on going saga with TWC continues to be an exercise in futility. Contrary to what I posted a few days ago, owners may not pick up a converter box just anywhere. Now they tell me they had misinformed me and only the Corpus outlet will be issuing converter boxes for us. They are still uncertain just how ordering one by mail would work.  One of our owners went to the Corpus store only to be told we are not in their system yet. He called me and I gave him the number for the corporate executive that I had talked to earlier. He called him and somehow they worked it out then and their and the box was issued.
However, connecting them can be problematic. Our old cable may not supply sufficient signal to power the digital boxes. In that case, the box will attempt to boot and then report a failure. Even then, we would not know if the problem was the box itself or the strength of our signal. If an owner has that problem, let Jerry know and he can replace the cable to isolate the issue.  TWC still insists that by this time next year all our TVs must have a box or a digital adapter since they will be scrambling the signal. They say they must scramble the signal to keep folks from tapping into their cable to steal signal. More likely the issue is they will make tons more money this way.
The Aransas Appraisal District has posted their appraised values for our property for 2015. There are about 10 condos that I see that are up to $30,000 higher valued than an identical condo in our complex. Unless owners just enjoy paying more in taxes, I sure would be protesting. The protest process is very informal, unlike major cities. If anyone needs any help with this, let me know. You may go online to www.aransascad.org to see where everyone is at. Choose property search, address as 2292 and street as Fulton. Our who complex will pop up. Any extraneous information supplied will convolute the process and prove more difficult to access.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home