Saturday, May 03, 2008


After talking to several people about my big fish last Tuesday, I believe now that it may have been a gar. The description matches, especially the tail I saw. I think I would have noticed the nose, but maybe not. Steve Lew, barbeque diner owner, first told me it might have been a gar. He and his brother went to Cedar Bayou on Tuesday. He said that had their limit of trout from the surf in no time. What did get his attention was a really big shark that came up to him in only about three feet of water. He said he bonked it on the nose with the rod handle and it moved away. He said it was a big Black Tip.
Pat(602) tried out three new boats at the recent boat show and by far the best was a 22 foot Ranger. He hopes to have it soon.
The newest bill from my energy provider, YEP, arrived last week. What a savings over CPL. Rob says he is still with CPL, but I don't know of anyone else.
I visited with Keith and Sandy(508) today. What a remodel they have done on their place. It looks great!
Kevin and Cyrena(501) are enjoying their last weekend as owners. They close on the 8th. Kevin went out this morning and tried all over Long Reef, St. Joe, and even Copano and caught only small trout.
The finger piers have not progressed while Rob is in California. The ones behind the 400 building are complete, but no cleats have been installed so that boats may be tied up. The ones behind the 500 and 600 buildings are still under construction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home