Monday, April 14, 2008

Chuck and Sandy(107) are in Maui.  They have a condo there also.
Chuck sent me this email below telling about their problems getting
to Maui. I thought it was a good story and he gave his permission 
for my posting this.  We have all heard about the airline industry
problems, but this does sound unreal.


We had tickets on Aloha Airlines for April 1. They went bankrupt on March 31
and were sending emails as late as March 29 advertising deals to Hawaii. I
spent several hours on the phone with United Airlines, an Aloha partner, who
advertised they were helping Aloha passengers with confirmed tickets. United
got us on a bad flight but at least we thought we had a ticket. I asked the
United agent about any extra cost and he said United would collect from
Aloha. When we were dropped at the Sacramento airport the next morning, we
learned we did have a confirmed flight but it would cost us $3000, United's
last minute fare price. This agent claimed the phone agent had given me
wrong info. I was so pissed I was lucky I didn't end up in jail. I have
always avoided United in the past but will do so more now. We ended up on a
standby Hawaiian airline flight one way to Maui and were able to get a
reasonably priced return reservation on US Airways. The other cheap airline
over here, ATA, went bankrupt two days later.
Chuck

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home