Tuesday, October 07, 2008

I reviewed the financial statements for June, July, and August today. They are much cleaner than at this time last year. I found only one clearly identifiable Phase II expense that was charged to Phase I. Over $1,000 has been collected from owners who are/were late with their payments. A considerable part of that amount was charged to a board member.
There were two payments made to Kinsel Construction in late August. Today his barge arrived and is parked in our marina. I am guessing he will soon begin work on repairing our breakwater. I believe the contract said that he wanted half his fee up front.
Two Charter cable vehicles were here today. I took the opportunity to ask them about the digital channels. I have been hearing that not everyone receives them. The employees were not too sure, but said that some receivers pick up the digital signal and some don't. I get the digital signal perfectly on one set and another newer set tells me the signal is encrypted.
Steve and Carrie, the barbecue folks right around the corner, will be open tomorrow, but will close and move their operation to Seafair for the rest of the week beginning on Thursday.
The new mailboxes work really well. I don't have to worry about picking up the mail every day. It is secure in the new box until I decide to check on it.
I hear that the owners' meeting is definitely on for November 8th at 9 a.m.
Justin tells me the concrete contractor feels that putting concrete on our parking area would be a waste of money. He feels that a two inch coating of new asphalt over the old will do just as well and save over $60,000. Traffic is now driving on the new concrete on one side of the entrance road. It is a really smooth drive.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home