Monday, October 06, 2008

The large tents for this weekend's Seafair were put up early last week. They are expecting a big crowd this year.
Kontiki was pretty booked this weekend. A lot of boats went out and I talked to some when they returned. The fishing is about as poor as I have seen it. I know I can't catch anything. No shrimp boats are working the bay. Bait shrimp are scarce. Even shore birds seem to be down in numbers. I have not seen feeding gulls in the bay in months. We usually see gulls perched on the piers during the day, but now we see very few. I think the pelicans have written off our fish cleaning stand area. No one is cleaning fish.
On the upside, gas prices dropped below $3 per gallon today.
Work has started on the south side of the entrance road.
CMT landscape service came out Saturday before last and then again on Wednesday. The grass looks good, but could use some water. I'm surprised that CMT came out twice within five days, but I guess they get $240 per visit and if they miss one they just come back when then can to keep the money flowing. Bedingfield Pest Control came out last Thursday. I had not seen them in a long time. They said two employees had quit and they closed their Ingleside office and now have to come out of Kingsville. Two men in two trucks spent all day here and did a good job. Of course, now I'm finding dead roaches. One owner came in Friday and found his door unlocked and slightly ajar. Someone probably needs to follow up when the doors have all been opened to insure that things are secure.
I visited the Johnson&Cate office today to review the financial statements for March., April, and May. It is much easier now to review them since the Phase II accounting in being done by a company in Aransas Pass. I plan to review June, July, and August tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home