Tuesday, February 02, 2010

This thing called winter just keeps going and going this year. Even the guides are having a hard time. Here is what guide, Marvin Landers says in his report.
2-1-10 Well, I don't know about anyone else, but I'm sure getting cabin fever with all this bad cold weather and been spending way too much time on E-Bay auctions trying to add a few old fishing lures to my collection when I could be fishing if we could get just a little warm up. We fished a little last week -- caught a few sheepshead on HEB table shrimp. Should have just eaten the shrimp!
Guide Mike Cook has this to say.
2-1-10 I never thought I'd say this but I'm ready for Spring. Winter is normally my favorite season but this one has been too cold and too wet. I'm ready for some warmer weather. I think the fish are too. Skinny water fishing has been hit or miss lately.
It wasn't always this way. The photo below is of my son, Ryan and his friend, Stewart, taken in January of 1995. These reds and trout were all caught off the gazebo in one afternoon. There were no limits on number of reds at that time. Guess who had to fillet all these? Click on the image to enlarge it to see the fish better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home