Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Sometimes I catch trout that are not quite keepers, but last Wednesday evening the larger trout were at the pier. I first tried the Mirror Lure that had done well the previous evening, but nothing would touch it. I reasoned that maybe larger trout were around and they were harder to trick with a lure. I had eight perch in the bait bucket and tried them. I used a free line with just a hook and the perch. The first three perch brought in three keeper trout. I caught one more before all the perch were gone. The trout were all 16 to 18 inches.
Today's storm gave us four inches of rain and a maximum wind gust of 52 mph.
I have not heard what happened this morning to the condo that was posted for foreclosure auction at 10 a.m. I went by the courthouse last week and the posting was still up.