Sunday, February 27, 2011

Pop just came to my door to show me this 51 inch rattler that didn't make it across the road. It had tried to cross from the mitigation site to HEB. A car ran over it just before Pop came in. It makes it more interesting to me in that this afternoon I was in the same area. I was walking around the mitigation site when I saw a small duck that was situated at the edge of the water. It was holding its head up and the eyes were open, but it didn't seem to have enough energy to move. I debated if there were anything I could do. As I waded through the weeds to get closer I was watchful because I have heard all the stories about big rattlers in the area. I decided not to touch the duck and let the creatures of the night adjudicate the issue. The duck was small and this snake was big, but I don't think that was what the snake was after.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home