Sunday, March 25, 2012

Larry got the purple martin houses out on Friday to clean them up. I hope we are not too late. The early spring has had other martins busy nesting already. Maghsoud(407) and I sat on his deck on Saturday and watched martins picking up nesting materials next to Moyra's old house and taking them across Fulton Beach Road to a nest over there.
I did see some trout brought in this weekend. The weather was about as good as it gets and a lot of boats were out. I even cranked mine up to be sure it is ready when the time is right. Everything seemed ok.
I used some really small perch on the pier tonight at the first light and the trout were eager to eat them. I was using a small perch hook because the trout were not all that big. One trout threw up a shrimp about four inches long when I pulled him in. I guess that means shrimp are in the area too. On the last perch I hooked into a big one and the drag made that sound we all love to hear. I knew there was no way to land it, but I did want to see it. After a few minutes, it did come up and roll over to throw out the small hook. It was a really big trout. I didn't mind losing it because I never would have landed it and I did get to see it.
I'll be out of town for a few days and don't plan another post until Tuesday after next unless someone sends me something to post.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home