Sunday, November 24, 2013


Keith(113) sent me this picture of his sister Sheila's catch. She caught this drum two weeks ago. The same evening Colton(705) used a claw from a crab to catch one just like this. Earlier this year I had noted a good increase in the number of crab I was seeing in the mitigation site. This may have brought in the reds and drum. Recently, I have seen very few crabs. I did see one that a girl brought to me that I could not identify. It had eight long legs and was shaped roughly in a pentagon with the nose being a bit longer. It was only about golf ball size.

Keith also sent me this story of his fishing experience that same weekend.

Hi Larry. Meant to contact you earlier but got sidetracked. Was down for our Phase II Owners meeting with my sister and managed to get in a little fishing.  I hooked what I am sure was a nice red in the mitigation area Sun night. It put up quite a fight but managed to run under the pier and break my line before I could tire him out.  I was fishing with a large fluorescent orange cork and the line was cut just above the cork. Saw the cork Mon noon submerged on the marina side of the mitigation area bridge about a foot away from the pier. It was about 2 feet below the surface and when we tried to hook the line it slowly moved off out of sight into deeper water. Unfortunately had to head back to SA soon afterwards.  So you might keep an eye out if you are in the area. If you retrieve it or hear of it being retrieved, please drop me a line. I am curious as to what it on the other end.  I was fishing with a circle hook so hopefully it will work its way out if no one catches it.

We have been looking for that cork, but no one seems to have spotted it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home