Saturday, November 30, 2013

 Two weeks ago when Paul(505) left to go back to New Braunfels, he told me he had a few shrimp left in his bait bucket and offered them to me. I went to check on them the next day and there were exactly five that showed any life. I had three small mullet left in my bucket so I combined them and planned a trip up the HEB shoreline. Nature has formed a barrier of shell that surrounds the pond on HEB property. The unusually high tides have eroded a channel leading into the approximately 10 acre pond.  The picture above shows the eroded channel is about ten yards wide. Given the volume exchange of water here, the flow was ripping through the cut. There was rather quiet water on either side of the cut. I baited up the first shrimp and cast into the quiet water. I landed this 26 inch red. I ended up with the red, a 16 and one half inch trout, and two drum. I had gone out just before dark because I knew the bait would not last long.
Alice Faye's is closed on Tuesdays so on Wednesday the Wrights(307) joined me for a feast on the trout and red. We ate all we could and took a full take home box with us. We had several more meals the next few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home