Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Fishing news has been kinda hard to come by. I haven't caught any sorta fish from the pier in over a month. When the wind and waves allow me to get out, I see no evidence of marine life whatsoever. The Phase II pier is closed because the high winds and tide have removed several boards and probably damaged some stringers. There is a lot of debris washing up on the beach, including many large boards. Last evening a long cane pole washed up. It consists of about four sections taped together and is about 35 feet long. I have no idea what that was used for, unless it was a poor boat captain's depth finder for deep water.
The "Cast for a Cause" fishing tournament was held here this last weekend. The guys all went with guides. Somehow and somewhere they did find fish. They were allowed to weigh in five trout and two reds. The winner had 35 pounds followed by catches of 28 and 27 pounds! The wind was high and I guess they must have gone south around Aransas Pass.
Yesterday I had breakfast with Jim Sikes, Barbara Wagner, Pack and Ann, Edd Bowers and Edd's friend SE. Edd is leaving today to return to Iowa. Everyone is doing well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home