Friday, December 28, 2007

Its always a great time to be here at Kontiki, but this time of the year may be the best. The weather has been decent, the fishing has been decent, and we have the more owners here at one time than most any other time of the year. Its really good to see everyone at one time.
Real estate activity has increased. I am told that 508 has a contract on it now. Nancy Jacobs is still having some health issues. Donna is filling in for her. I didn't even realize that she has moved from Lynn Johnson Realty to Remax. The listing price on 305 has gone down from $280,000 to $255,000. Two owners are testing the market on their own.
Today a boat of guests were stranded in the bay and out of gas. Rob came by to see if I could launch and tow them in, but before we could get started, an oyster boat had hooked them up and towed them to the end of our channel.
Yesterday, Scott and I tried out his big Mako for the first time. It runs great and is very smooth riding. We weren't out real long and caught only small trout.
John continues to work very hard at fixing all the little things around here that need attention. He is very personable and friendly to both owners and guests. He's really a valuable addition to the maintenance crew. Justin did good when he found John.
The new pest control company came by today to treat the units. Bug Free has been let go and the new company is Bedingfield of Ingleside. They will come on the fourth Friday of each month. I have no idea how their cost will compare to Bug Free, but the employee who came by today used to work for Bug Free and did our place up until June.
Sears owner, Lynn Woods, waited on me this week when they had their "after Christmas sale". I bought a new vacuum cleaner that was on sale for $50. When I opened it today, she had had her son put a unit in my car that retails for $179. I think I better go back tomorrow and make a trade. Sears has been very generous with their discounts for Kontiki owners and I want make sure they stay in business. If anyone plans to buy anything from Sears, be sure to tell them that it is for Kontiki. Only the owners, Lynn and Cleve, can authorize the discount.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home